As Releasing number of smartphones day by day. Smartphone per person increasing widely .So that the problem for stacking Old Phones.
No problem, now you can turn your old smartphone into security camera .
Security Camera: security camera is to provide security for home or office work.Also providing video footage.
They acts as visible detterents to criminals.
In this Article i am gonna guide you on utilising phone’s camera for monitoring purpose.whether it can be Android or ios devices.
step 1: Install security cam application
To start, Firstly choose the perfect security app for your phone.Most of the applications offers much of same features such as local streaming,
cloud streaming,recording and storing footage locally or remotely and motion detection and alerts.
Once setup is finished you can able to monitor your living space and control your security cam from anywhere, straight from your phone.
Security app for ios Devices:-
The best choice for Turning old apple device into security camera , the most widely used application called Manything.
With Manything app trnsform your apple devices ,Whether apple ipod Touch, ipad into customizable Home Security System.
The application harness the power of device’s microphone and camera setup in order to monitor your home and can be used for security purpose.
to monitor your childrens when they arrive home, or even keep tabs on your pets.
And Manything is a free download from apple store .
How to Start:-
- Download Manything from apple store in your old smartphone.
- From old phone,open Setting and disable the Auto Lock Under General.
- Register or sign in to Manything using email address or facebook account.
- Select Camera mode in old IOS devices and Viewer mode for new IOS devices.
- Press the Red button from camera device to start the Live Stream.
- From, new ios devices,the Live Stream will be appear in the list of streaming Devices.Alternatively,you can view the stream from a computer by signing in at Manything.com.
For Android Device :-
The situation is same as above. In Android the best and widely used application called IP Webcam.
This is free application but you can purchase pro version to unlock all the features.
IP webcam Broadcast both locally and over the cloud using service called Ivideon,So you can view your Stream Live from anywhere.
How to Start:-
- Download your IP webcam from Google play Store.
- Start and Set your video preferences,effects, power manegment setting,motion or sound detecting,if desired.
- To broadcast remotely sign in to Ivideon, test capability and enable the cloud stream.
To start the stream,Select start server at very bottom of the app.
To view the stream:-
- Find the provided IP address and port number on phone setup as a security camera.From another device(Desktop,Smartphone,Tabs)Enter the IP address in address bar of the web browser.
- If you setup, an Ivideon cloud stream,from a computer visit Ivideon.com and sign in.
Step 2:- Choose your spot to place camera
After you have stream up and running, you will need to setup a position camera.
You may want to keep in main door entry point,Storeroom,and some vulnerable points.
You can also setup IP camera as a baby monitor.
Step 3:- Powering up Camera(s)
To mount or position camera, small smartphone tripod can work wonder Helps your position in an inconspicuous place.
To broaden the field of view consider buying a wide angle lens for your phones,which can be purchased in Online.
Streaming the video is very power intensive,and phone will be 24*7.
To keep the phone from dying in first few hours, you will need to position it close to power source.
A really Long Micro-USB or lighting cable will add some flexibility to where you position camera.
This is all about Security Cam from your Old smartphone.
If You have any quries please do comment